/* form styling */
/* End form styling */
Last Updated: 5/18/2022
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us:
- Contact and account information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, and username and password.
Accessibility and Disk Access information, Screen Recordings, and Browser History. We require access to this data in order to operate and optimize our Services.
- Accessibility and Disk Access information, Screen Recordings, and Browser History. We require access to this data in order to operate and optimize our Services.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, product reviews, surveys, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Services and your device, including information associated with any content you create or upload, programs and applications you run, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from third parties
- Third-party login information. When you link, connect, or login to the Services with a third party service, such as your Apple ID, you direct Apple to send us information associated with your Apple account as controlled by Apple or as authorized by you via your privacy settings on Apple’s services.
- Other sources. We may obtain personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources and data brokers.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 4G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, browsing history, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How we use your personal information
To operate our Services:
- Provide, operate, maintain, secure and improve our Services;
- Provide information about our Services;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with our Services and our communications; and
- Respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Accessibility and Disk Access information, Screen Recordings, and Browser History.
- Accessibility. Accessibility access is required to run Augment; without it Augment cannot function. Augment will use the accessibility access to index application content you interact with.
- Disk Access. The latest versions of macOS require applications to request disk access to be able to integrate with native files and applications and data like iMessage. Augment uses this integration to power features like being able to surface up files and messages in context when you need them.
- Screen Recording. Screen recording access is requested by Augment to allow the product to display previews of files and applications in question when searching for documents, web pages and files.
- Browser History. Browser history is used to pre-populate Augment’s index with web pages you’ve previously visited, allowing you to search for historical site visits.
For research and development. To analyze and improve the Services and to develop new products and Services, including by studying the use of our Services.
Marketing and advertising. We and our advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes, including:
- Direct marketing. We or our advertising partners may from time-to-time send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions and offers via email. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
To comply with law. As we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. To: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
To create data. To create anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services and promote our business.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services (such as customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, identity verification, payment processing, and database management services).
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
Access, update, or delete your account information. If you have an account with us, you may review, update, and delete certain information in your account by logging in.
Our Services may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information we maintain. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
By using our Services, you understand and acknowledge that your personal information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
How to contact us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to firstname.lastname@example.org.